Featured Content

    FinThrive_EXEC_Insurance Discovery-Four Ways to Uncover Hidden Revenue-svg

    Four Simple Steps to Uncover Hidden Revenue 
    You could be missing out on millions in annual revenue. Learn how to recover every earned dollar.
     

    Featured Content

      FinThrive_EXEC_Revenue Management Automation Guide-svg

      Your Guide to an Autonomous Revenue Cycle
      Plot a course toward forward-thinking innovation that improves efficiency, the patient experience and your bottom line.
       

      Read

      Watch & Listen

      Attend

      Featured Content

        FinThrive_EXEC_SDOH Data Guide-svg

        Advance Health Equity Through Data
        Learn actionable strategies to turn robust data into powerful patient and member experiences.
         

        Capture Hard-to-Find Insurance Coverage

        Featured Image

        In 2020, hospitals across the U.S. saw their median operating margin drop by 55.6%.1 The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) helped offset escalating expenses, but the pandemic hasn’t been the only factor contributing to ongoing cash flow pressures. Various industry trends—a changing payer mix and rising uncompensated care—play a big role.

        Healthcare organizations without a robust revenue recovery plan will face catastrophic financial challenges. That’s why it’s critical to maximize earning potential. Providers need to dig deeper to find missed insurance coverage and untapped dollars. The three reasons below offer insight on why it’s necessary and beneficial.

        Not all coverage is easily attainable

        Using existing internal systems and processes, most hospitals and health systems can find up to 99% of missed coverage. However, that remaining 1%—which would otherwise stay hidden and chalked up to bad debt—can be the difference between being in the red or black. Capturing this hard-to-find coverage requires the backing of a comprehensive insurance discovery solution. With robust data and analytics, an external partner can search beyond the surface for coverage, going deeper into complex payer scenarios.

        Many vendors can’t find coverage either

        Most missed coverage comes from self-pay accounts. And while recovering an additional .5% to boost your margin can be significant to your organization’s overall financial health, finding up to a full 1% is optimal. The problem is most external vendors don’t, and aren’t equipped to, look beyond self-pay.

        FinThrive is different—we do.

        Our comprehensive data and analytics capabilities search more complex cases, such as:

        • Potential coordination of benefits opportunities on Medicaid accounts
        • Medicaid as a secondary payer, driving increased Disproportionate Share Hospital (DSH) days and Dual-Eligible Bad Debt reimbursements
        • Data needed to maximize reimbursements through the Medicare cost report

        Finding this coverage improves your overall profitability

        To remain competitive—and in some cases, keep doors open—it’s critical that hospitals and health systems ensure all earned revenue becomes paid revenue. Going that extra mile, by employing an insurance discovery solution that finds hard-to-find coverage can pay dividends in the long run.

        FinThrive insurance discovery solutions can maximize revenue by digging deeper to identify hidden coverage—leading to a healthier bottom line.

        Maximize your earning potential. Learn more about FinThrive solutions for Revenue Recovery.

        Source*: https://www.kaufmanhall.com/sites/default/files/2021-01/nationalhospitalflashreport_jan.-2021_final.pdf

         

        View All Blogs

        The New NCQA Standard that Health Plans Can’t Afford to Ignore

        As a health plan, you are likely familiar with the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). A government agency whose mission is to “work for...

        Read More

        Open Enrollment: 3 Ways Health Plans Can Improve Member Experience

        It’s that time of the year: changing seasons, fresh starts, new relationships, and a nice sprinkle of chaos. We’re not talking about going back to...

        Read More

        Advice to Health Plans: Don’t Let Secondary Insurances Break the Bank

        Imagine if the power of health plans could truly be unleashed. If they were fully invested in improving the health of the lives they serve,...

        Read More